Ms. Nelson's Virtual Library & Zoom Meetings
There is now a virtual library with readings, book trailers, and more. There is also a link for a Zoom on Mondays/Tuesdays/Fridays at 3 for research questions, book recommendations, and more. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10XQhWBve86ZyHUFXzudGIYWIc6UrwPEeyV2-fD5DUDw/edit#slide=id.p
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming May 3rd-May 11th! The Book Fair will be open in the library during passing periods and lunch. Should your teacher schedule a class visit, you will get to hear exclusive "book talks"! If you attend a book talk or make a book fair purchase, you will receive a raffle ticket to potentially win a free book! There will also be the opportunity to donate spare change or more to a charity drive for Book Aid International, which donates books to orphanages, communities and schools in poverty-stricken areas, and even correctional facilities all around the world. You can get a sneak peek at what will be offered, shop online, and have friends and family fill up your e-wallet for cashless book fair spending at https://www.scholastic.com/bf/vandenbergmiddleschool. Finally, should we make our $3500 sales goal, Mr. Jory has volunteered to let students "Pie the Principal"! For more information, visit the VMS Library online or in person!
- The Spring Reading Challenge is now on! Log all books you have read or will read in April and May. Turn those in on June 1st and see who wins a $25 Amazon gift card or 1 of 3 $10 Baskin Robbins gift cards! Logs can be found in the VMS Library or on the library's Google Classroom.
- The Poetry Competition for National Poetry Month is almost over! Turn in your poems at the VMS Library on or before May 1st for a chance to win prizes and have your work displayed in the library!
- Our Battle of the Books team has begun preparation for battle and will be starting to take on other schools in the county/state next week! Make sure to cheer them on if you see them in the halls! Once again, a huge hooray for Brittney Buenrostro, Vanessa Rodriguez, Samantha Garza, and Olivia Harris for representing VMS!
- As usual, your VMS Library is open during passing periods and lunch with optional book clubs on Mondays/Thursdays, and optional game clubs on Tuesdays/Fridays. Several new titles are now available! Come get a recommendation from Mrs. Nelson, and check out a great book!
The VMS Library is now on social media!
Find us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/vmslibrary/
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/vmslibrary805
Find us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/VMSLibrary805